Spring Training
I've found myself thinking of Spring Training a lot lately. Maybe its because I'm headed to a Spring Training area in a bit and I'm secretly hoping I'll get to partake in a game. I'm not even going to be in the area where my favorite team--the St. Louis Cardinals--will be, but there's something about baseball in a warm location in March that just makes everything seem right in the world. Maybe it reminds me of my college days when I froze my watoozi off as a bat girl for my university's baseball team.
I've had the pleasure of watching several Spring Training games in my lifetime. Only one for my beloved Cardinals (and we had to drive an hour from our location just for that). I remember one time when my mom and I went to a Spring Training game between the Red Sox and the Twins. We had no idea that several guys on the Red Sox roster were on the Cardinals the previous year! I was so excited I got to see guys like Luis Alicea. I've also seen Jose Conseco play Ozzie Conseco. That was a trip.
So when you're stuck inside in a cold February or March day, think of Spring Training and know that warmth--and great baseball--are just a few weeks away.
I know I've been off on my whole Blog Reader of the Week thing, but in light of today's topic, the award goes to Jano Fabulous, who herself, will be partaking in Cardinals Spring Training soon. Say hi to our perfect man! :)
I've had the pleasure of watching several Spring Training games in my lifetime. Only one for my beloved Cardinals (and we had to drive an hour from our location just for that). I remember one time when my mom and I went to a Spring Training game between the Red Sox and the Twins. We had no idea that several guys on the Red Sox roster were on the Cardinals the previous year! I was so excited I got to see guys like Luis Alicea. I've also seen Jose Conseco play Ozzie Conseco. That was a trip.
So when you're stuck inside in a cold February or March day, think of Spring Training and know that warmth--and great baseball--are just a few weeks away.
I know I've been off on my whole Blog Reader of the Week thing, but in light of today's topic, the award goes to Jano Fabulous, who herself, will be partaking in Cardinals Spring Training soon. Say hi to our perfect man! :)

1 Comments:
WooHoo... I leave for sunny Florida in just 4 days! Thanks for making me blog reader of the week, I am honored, especially to be mentioned as part of the Spring Training blog. Looking forward to some "Beautiful Baseball" as TLR would say.
Jano Fabulous
Post a Comment
<< Home