cheesymac

A slice of life from a lover of cheese.

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Earth to Cheesymac

So I made a driving mistake this week. I was headed back from a meeting that went really well. My CD had just finished, so I was thinking about what I would listen to next. Then I realized I missed my exit. Not just any exit--the exit to a different interstate. This reminds me of a couple other times when I've had an issue changing interstates.

February 2001--Interstate 70--Kansas City
The signage is so bad in the downtown area that I didn't realize I was getting onto I-39 until I was on the interstate onramp. I wanted to go to Lawrence/Topeka/Manhattan, not Wichita!

August 2005--Interstate 80--south Chicagoland
After more than an hour of bumper to bumper traffic, I was so excited to get in the speedy left lane to thru traffic. Turns out "thru" didn't mean continuing on the same interstate. It meant dumping you on the Tri State Tollway. $1.60 and a turn around in the ghetto later and I was on my way.

I know you're like me. You're a good driver who has had to take some "field trips" every so often becuase of bad signage. So, what are your stories?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home