Redneck Woman
I consider myself to be part Dutch, part Scottish, and part Redneck. And, especially after living in the South, I find the Blue Collar Comedy Hour hilarious. My favorites are the McGrogan's House of Gravy bit and any entry from the Hatfield-McCoy's Redneck Dictionary.
So, while I enjoy laughing about rednecks, I have a fondness for them as well. You see, Thanksgiving for my family was not complete without leftovers sent home from Grandma in re-used Cool Whip containers. So, when my Grandma sent me a container of her famous apples recently, I decided to keep the Cool Whip container and use it for leftovers as a tribute to my redneck heritage.
So, as Grandma or Meemaw (a tribute to all you Southerners out there) hands you a Cool Whip container this Thanksgiving, know this. Cool Whip is ready for rednecks. Flip the container over and you'll notice this bit of wisdom. "Top rack diswasher safe." Yes, take your Cool Whip container leftovers home with pride. The container is actually designed for rednecks.
So, while I enjoy laughing about rednecks, I have a fondness for them as well. You see, Thanksgiving for my family was not complete without leftovers sent home from Grandma in re-used Cool Whip containers. So, when my Grandma sent me a container of her famous apples recently, I decided to keep the Cool Whip container and use it for leftovers as a tribute to my redneck heritage.
So, as Grandma or Meemaw (a tribute to all you Southerners out there) hands you a Cool Whip container this Thanksgiving, know this. Cool Whip is ready for rednecks. Flip the container over and you'll notice this bit of wisdom. "Top rack diswasher safe." Yes, take your Cool Whip container leftovers home with pride. The container is actually designed for rednecks.

2 Comments:
haha - so true that i didn't even realize that reusing cool whip containers wasn't common practice!! "here's to all the women out there keepin it country!"
No doubt...Meijer butter tubs (the mini ones) are awesome...I had peach slices in there this week!
Post a Comment
<< Home