The best dog I never owned
Yes, I have a favorite dog. I know some of you are sitting in shock right now. You've witnessed my asthma and sneezing attacks from pets. But I'm telling the honest truth here.
My favorite dog is a 12-year-old Golden Retriever named Hoosier, who ironically does not live in the state of Indiana. I got to see him this weekend at my aunt's house. It was awesome. You see Hoosier is incredibly smart. He has his own personality that is coy and playful. He even used his paw to turn a doorhandle to get into the room I was staying in Saturday morning. What a friendly wake up!
But my family loves Hoosier for more than just his wonderful personality. You see, Hoosier is a survivor. He lived through an accident that killed my uncle and severely injured my aunt...an accident caused by another driver who was drunk.
Hoosier's getting older, but he's still my favorite dog. And, thankfully, my allergies took a vacation this weekend and I got to experience what loving a pet is really like.
My favorite dog is a 12-year-old Golden Retriever named Hoosier, who ironically does not live in the state of Indiana. I got to see him this weekend at my aunt's house. It was awesome. You see Hoosier is incredibly smart. He has his own personality that is coy and playful. He even used his paw to turn a doorhandle to get into the room I was staying in Saturday morning. What a friendly wake up!
But my family loves Hoosier for more than just his wonderful personality. You see, Hoosier is a survivor. He lived through an accident that killed my uncle and severely injured my aunt...an accident caused by another driver who was drunk.
Hoosier's getting older, but he's still my favorite dog. And, thankfully, my allergies took a vacation this weekend and I got to experience what loving a pet is really like.

1 Comments:
Wow, I didn't know that story. Thanks for sharing. My family has always had dogs, but I think my favorite was a Brittany named Toby. Brittany's are considered a spaniel, but are also kind of like a small setter. Anyway, Toby was a great dog, his personality totally fit our family. He caught a really bad virus one winter and passed away quickly one year while I was away at college.
Post a Comment
<< Home