Unchanging One
I had a bit of disappointment in my day today. My favorite tree is no longer radiating its orange glory. Now, let me explain here.
So, most days, I spend my lunch break in my car eating, praying, sleeping (sometimes), and reading. A couple of weeks ago, I noticed this huge tree with bright orange leaves. I was trying to concentrate on reading my book, but I just wanted to stare at the tree. You see, I've really tried to enjoy the beauty of nature as a way of enjoying the beauty of God. This tree became my favorite tree as I saw it each day. I even got to see it from high above when I took a helicopter ride with my work (I know, I know, I have an awesome job.).
Unfortunately, we had a huge rain storm Saturday. I was so disappointed when I drove to the park today and found my tree no longer was full of its glory. I then turned my head to the left and saw this potpourri like effect of leaves from tons of different trees covering the road I had just driven on...a beautiful sight that wasn't there before.
I hope all of you are experiencing God's glory as shown through the beauty of his creation this time of year. This experience taught me that God's creation is never the same. Each day looks different than the rest. And, yet, God is the Unchanging One. Even the concept of unchanging is so hard for us to comprehend.
So, there are my few cents for the day. May you enjoy creation and the Unchanging One.
So, most days, I spend my lunch break in my car eating, praying, sleeping (sometimes), and reading. A couple of weeks ago, I noticed this huge tree with bright orange leaves. I was trying to concentrate on reading my book, but I just wanted to stare at the tree. You see, I've really tried to enjoy the beauty of nature as a way of enjoying the beauty of God. This tree became my favorite tree as I saw it each day. I even got to see it from high above when I took a helicopter ride with my work (I know, I know, I have an awesome job.).
Unfortunately, we had a huge rain storm Saturday. I was so disappointed when I drove to the park today and found my tree no longer was full of its glory. I then turned my head to the left and saw this potpourri like effect of leaves from tons of different trees covering the road I had just driven on...a beautiful sight that wasn't there before.
I hope all of you are experiencing God's glory as shown through the beauty of his creation this time of year. This experience taught me that God's creation is never the same. Each day looks different than the rest. And, yet, God is the Unchanging One. Even the concept of unchanging is so hard for us to comprehend.
So, there are my few cents for the day. May you enjoy creation and the Unchanging One.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home