cheesymac

A slice of life from a lover of cheese.

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Remembering November 2003

Tonight, my parents are coming over for dinner. But two years ago today my dad wasn't driving across town, but across several states as he came to rescue me from a particular southern state. I had decided to quit my job, end my career, with absolutely no clue as to what was next for me. I was moving home and freaking out. Some of you who are reading this blog knew me back then, so you know exactly what I'm talking about.

It's easy for me to get caught up in life these days that I forget God's faithfulness during the past two years. God has provided a sense of community I never expected to find post-college. I have been able to spend quality time with my family, travel to Europe (which I'm planning on doing again next summer!), work at a job that does more than pay my bills, serve at a church that has the same passion that I have, and have a whole lot of fun. My prayer is that I would not take this life, these gifts, these opportunities, for granted. I pray you do the same as we enter this season of Thanksgiving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home