Accomplished
Last night, I wasn't feeling very accomplished. I went to a big box store to buy a wireless router. The employee asked me, "So, who will be installing your wireless router for you?" I answered, "I will," frustrated that he thought someone would have to do that for me. I didn't want the oil change syndrome to happen. The mechanics see a girl, thinks she knows nothing, and try to sell her every expensive service in the store. I hate that because I want them to treat me like I know what I'm doing, but deep down I don't know what's going on.
Back to the router story. The back of the box says all it takes is loading a CD. I can do that. I run into a snag. I call tech support. While on hold, I have an idea. I fix the problem. I feel so accomplished.
So my router is finally working, but now my wireless card is freaking out. My brother calls and hears me saying to my computer, "What's wrong with you people?" He laughs that I'm using my computer in a plural manner.
So I concede. Yes, I am a dumb female. I determine to call BenSheets and his roomies in the morning to have them fix it. I go to sleep.
I wake up at 7:45 with a bright idea. Not wanting to get even more frustrated, I determine to have a quiet time first, thinking I want to be grounded with God before I tackle this.
I turn on the computer. I make some changes. I'm on the Web. Wire free. I am accomplished.
Back to the router story. The back of the box says all it takes is loading a CD. I can do that. I run into a snag. I call tech support. While on hold, I have an idea. I fix the problem. I feel so accomplished.
So my router is finally working, but now my wireless card is freaking out. My brother calls and hears me saying to my computer, "What's wrong with you people?" He laughs that I'm using my computer in a plural manner.
So I concede. Yes, I am a dumb female. I determine to call BenSheets and his roomies in the morning to have them fix it. I go to sleep.
I wake up at 7:45 with a bright idea. Not wanting to get even more frustrated, I determine to have a quiet time first, thinking I want to be grounded with God before I tackle this.
I turn on the computer. I make some changes. I'm on the Web. Wire free. I am accomplished.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home