cheesymac

A slice of life from a lover of cheese.

Monday, December 19, 2005

I can sing!

I just finished my second of three holiday caroling sessions, and I've realized that I can actually sing! Now, I know some of you are laughing right now. But hear (no pun intended) me out.

My cousins were awesome singers as children. I tried to sing with them, but by the age of 10 got relegated to the violin. I always wanted to sing, but I was never very good. Now I've found a little secret--sing in a choir!

A friend drafted me into the all area Good Friday choir back in April, and while I was so nervous, the experience was awesome. I think that gave me the confidence to enter this holiday caroling experience with my head held high. I've learned that I can sing strong when I'm around awesome singers. That way I kind of "borrow" their awesomeness, leading to the audience believing that I, too, am totally awesome. Why did I not pick up on this before?

Anyway, I do have to let you in on a pet peeve of mine these days. Why do people try to do lighthearted or fast versions of "O Come, O Come Emanuel" and "O Holy Night"? These are songs that should be slow, deep, and reverent. That's what the words in the song express. I actually changed the channel from such an annoying version tonight and listened to Ludicris instead. That's pretty sad.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bart said...

Why don't you flippin' update your blog already? Gosh!

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home