cheesymac

A slice of life from a lover of cheese.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Favorite bands no longer in existence

1. Sixpence None the Richer--Those of you who know me very well know Sixpence is my all-time favorite band. One time in college I was on my way to see them when my friend's car broke down. Thankfully, some other people in our group came upon us about a half-hour or so later. The guys in my car said no matter what they'd make sure I would get to see the show, whether they got to or not. I got to the show and had an awesome time. Of course, I became a fan long before the "Kiss Me" pop days when I organized a concert for them at the age of 15.
2. Chasing Furies--They only came out with one CD before breaking up. This family trio is awesome...I bought this CD in 1999 and have had it on my playlist ever since.
3. The Benjamin Gate--Awesome band from South Africa. The lead singer is actually now married to Jeremy Camp. I had the privilege of interviewing the band.
4. Waterdeep--KC-area band I saw in college about every other week. They quit for a while and may still be recording music, but not with the whole band.
5. Cheating Kay--another KC-area band that consists of good friends of mine. I will always be a fan of anything these members write and sing no matter what band they're in!

I have been so frustrated by the fact the radio stations in my town play the same songs over and over again. So, I've gone back to using my ghetto CD player through my car's tape deck. Thankfully, that's helped me rediscover music that should never be forgotten.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home