Blog Reader of the Week
I'm starting a new feature at Cheesymac...Blog Reader of the Week. I know a lot of you readers are spread out across the country--and even the world--so this will become a chance for you to get to know each other.
The inaugural week honor goes to an old friend out in Colorado. She works for an adoption agency. I got to know my Western friend during a trip to our favorite Eastern European nation. We spent a lot of time together because we had the same ideas and desires on what to do while traveling. It was amazing. I would ask her in the morning what she wanted to do or visit that day. It was exactly what I wanted to do.
Another favorite memory is participating in a talent show with her. My Colorado friend, others, and myself were the quiet/shy girls of the group (I know...it's shocking!), but we made everyone speechless with our lip synch version of a really bad NKOTB song. (There are more juicy details here, which I will share if someone actually reads this blog and asks me about it in person!)
Anyway, the poor Colorado girl has had a rough few weeks. But this girl is such a trooper. Her heart is always on someone else...the families she works with, the kids with cancer she's growing her hair out for, and the dog she's raising who'll end up as a sight dog for the blind.
So, here's to you my Colorado friend, and go Wildcats...unless they're playing my alma mater!
The inaugural week honor goes to an old friend out in Colorado. She works for an adoption agency. I got to know my Western friend during a trip to our favorite Eastern European nation. We spent a lot of time together because we had the same ideas and desires on what to do while traveling. It was amazing. I would ask her in the morning what she wanted to do or visit that day. It was exactly what I wanted to do.
Another favorite memory is participating in a talent show with her. My Colorado friend, others, and myself were the quiet/shy girls of the group (I know...it's shocking!), but we made everyone speechless with our lip synch version of a really bad NKOTB song. (There are more juicy details here, which I will share if someone actually reads this blog and asks me about it in person!)
Anyway, the poor Colorado girl has had a rough few weeks. But this girl is such a trooper. Her heart is always on someone else...the families she works with, the kids with cancer she's growing her hair out for, and the dog she's raising who'll end up as a sight dog for the blind.
So, here's to you my Colorado friend, and go Wildcats...unless they're playing my alma mater!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home