Can you hear me now?
So my cell-phone programmer friend BenSheets told me the other day he was thinking of writing an etiquette book for cell phone usage. My idea, which I thought would be immediately published in the book, was to ban people from using cell phones in restrooms--public or at home. Here are my major concerns:
1. Hygiene--Are you going to wash that cell phone afterwards?
2. Noises--No need to explain here.
3. Loss factor--I actually flushed a pager down the toilet once. I'm not joking. I didn't think it went all the way down, so I tried paging it, but the toilet didn't vibrate. I had to call my apartment maintenance guy to help me. And we never found it. I'm sure my old boss laughs about it to this day.
So whoever you are if your phone starts ringing, you're in a restroom, and caller ID shows it's me, let me leave a message! I promise I won't be mad! I'd rather that then know I was pouring out my concern to you when you were dealing with one of the nastiest parts of being human. Ew.
Now BenSheets has a picture on his blog of two friends of his in public restrooms. It's decent, but I'm still concerned with how this took place. Am I the only conservative person here?
On a much nicer note, congrats to my car, Red Faithful, which turned 95,000 miles Monday! It will be getting a nice bath as a reward.
1. Hygiene--Are you going to wash that cell phone afterwards?
2. Noises--No need to explain here.
3. Loss factor--I actually flushed a pager down the toilet once. I'm not joking. I didn't think it went all the way down, so I tried paging it, but the toilet didn't vibrate. I had to call my apartment maintenance guy to help me. And we never found it. I'm sure my old boss laughs about it to this day.
So whoever you are if your phone starts ringing, you're in a restroom, and caller ID shows it's me, let me leave a message! I promise I won't be mad! I'd rather that then know I was pouring out my concern to you when you were dealing with one of the nastiest parts of being human. Ew.
Now BenSheets has a picture on his blog of two friends of his in public restrooms. It's decent, but I'm still concerned with how this took place. Am I the only conservative person here?
On a much nicer note, congrats to my car, Red Faithful, which turned 95,000 miles Monday! It will be getting a nice bath as a reward.

3 Comments:
so this one time... i went to the movies with super anne... and she called me from her stall to tell me that she didn't have any toilet paper.
Wow. Now that's a dilemma...risk germage on your cell phone by calling in a stall or go without TP...so, Val, did you answer your phone and rescue super anne?
I only do the bathroom thing to my sisters. Sometimes we are on the phone for a very long time and i have to go. Here is my funny bathroom story: a friend of mine got a call from her pastor one night. He had called to check up on some event that she was organizing. She noticed that there was a weird echo, so she asked him where he was. His response, "Oh, I'm taking a bath and I had some phone calls to make." If you are naked and talking on the phone, only admit that if they are family or close friends, or you want them to be family or close friends. I think in this instance, lying is OK!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home