Becoming Buff
So yesterday I met with a personal trainer. This is huge for me because of my past lack of athleticism. Case in point:
--3rd Grade Basketball Team. Scored 0 points. Once got fouled and tried to granny the ball into the basket.
--8th Grade Field Day. Ran 4x4 relay. Upchucked at the end.
--Every year of school. Failed or nearly failed Physical Fitness Test.
I've always been skinny, but my asthma precludes my participation in lots of demanding sports.
But slacker no more. Thanks to the workout plan my personal trainer put together for me, I will soon be a buff girl. And, thankfully, I actually made it through my first day, which consists of 25 minutes of weights and 25 minutes of cardio.
So if you see me walking in pain or with bad hair because my arms hurt too much to use the hairdryer, know it's all a part of the process of buffness. Hey, no pain, no gain!
This week's Blog Reader of the Week goes to a girl I'll call Miss Virginia, a girl who's started to run marathons since I last saw her. She's an old roommate from college who received her grad degree from Virginia Tech. She's also a former state beef queen, and yes, she won that while being a size 0 or 2 or something like that. I love Miss Virginia for her bubbly personality, love of all things beef, and awesome family. Here's to you, Miss Virginia!
--3rd Grade Basketball Team. Scored 0 points. Once got fouled and tried to granny the ball into the basket.
--8th Grade Field Day. Ran 4x4 relay. Upchucked at the end.
--Every year of school. Failed or nearly failed Physical Fitness Test.
I've always been skinny, but my asthma precludes my participation in lots of demanding sports.
But slacker no more. Thanks to the workout plan my personal trainer put together for me, I will soon be a buff girl. And, thankfully, I actually made it through my first day, which consists of 25 minutes of weights and 25 minutes of cardio.
So if you see me walking in pain or with bad hair because my arms hurt too much to use the hairdryer, know it's all a part of the process of buffness. Hey, no pain, no gain!
This week's Blog Reader of the Week goes to a girl I'll call Miss Virginia, a girl who's started to run marathons since I last saw her. She's an old roommate from college who received her grad degree from Virginia Tech. She's also a former state beef queen, and yes, she won that while being a size 0 or 2 or something like that. I love Miss Virginia for her bubbly personality, love of all things beef, and awesome family. Here's to you, Miss Virginia!

1 Comments:
Ahh, thanks!! She also just officially entered her late 20's!! I'll have to give you a call and update you on things.
Post a Comment
<< Home