Bend It Like Beckham
So yesterday I had some time to kill (more on that in a future post), so I brought along one of my favorite movies, Bend It Like Beckham. As I sat there and watched the DVD on my laptop (I wasn't doing this at my office, so don't be worried), I realized how much I enjoy that movie. I don't even really like soccer, but for some reason I can watch that movie over and over again and still love it. So, in the boredom that happened yesterday, I came up with the top ten reasons why I love this movie.
1. Story line--old vs. new values, parental wisdom vs. independence
2. Hilarity
3. Setting--takes place in London with parts in Germany
4. Jonathan Rhys Myers as the soccer coach
5. Parminder Nagra as Jess, the main character
6. Portrays the Indian culture like "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" portrays Greek culture.
7. It always inspires me to become sporty
8. Awesome photography and editing
9. Non-traditional chic flick
10. Jonathan Rhys Myers (I think he's worth two entries!)
So...does anyone else out there like this movie?
1. Story line--old vs. new values, parental wisdom vs. independence
2. Hilarity
3. Setting--takes place in London with parts in Germany
4. Jonathan Rhys Myers as the soccer coach
5. Parminder Nagra as Jess, the main character
6. Portrays the Indian culture like "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" portrays Greek culture.
7. It always inspires me to become sporty
8. Awesome photography and editing
9. Non-traditional chic flick
10. Jonathan Rhys Myers (I think he's worth two entries!)
So...does anyone else out there like this movie?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home