cheesymac

A slice of life from a lover of cheese.

Monday, January 15, 2007

Engaged!


Abe and I are officially engaged! He proposed at 12:30 a.m. on New Year's Day (yeah, I know I'm behind in blogging) after making me wait through New Year's Eve without a proposal. He wanted it to be a surprise, which he was successful at doing.

A lot of you have asked about the ring, which was his grandmother's. Here's a picture of it.

It's been a whirlwind two weeks trying to nail down a date, photographer, church, and reception site. I've already had a bridal meltdown about it, but I've realized something. Our society places so much pressure on us to have the coolest dress or invitations or favors. But what's more important is my relationship with God and my relationship with Abe. So I'm trying to do what I can with wedding planning without letting it get to me. As my boss' boss says--A wedding is a day, a marriage is a lifetime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home