Firsts
This weekend was all about firsts. First, I fully accomplished one of my No Opportunity Wasted items about doing up downtown Chicago since I stayed at a fancy hotel. Saturday, Abe and I went to our first major league game together--the Chicago White Sox vs. Seattle Mariners. This was also my first regular season AL game. And, of course, Abe and I were rooting for the same team here, so it wasn't like a Cubs or Cards game. 
However, as you can see from this picture, I also experienced my first rain delay. Abe and I made the most of it--watching other baseball and football games on the US Cellular Field Diamond Vision, playing "Name That Tune" with the loudspeaker music, and roaming around the stadium. I also experienced Abe's favorite Chicago-style pizza place for the first time. It's amazing to see how far I've come in my experience of Chicago. Just one year ago I took the commuter rail for the first time as I tried to look like a natural Chicagoan while walking down Michigan Avenue. Now I'm becoming more comfortable on the "L" and starting to understand places and street names. God is doing crazy things in my life!

However, as you can see from this picture, I also experienced my first rain delay. Abe and I made the most of it--watching other baseball and football games on the US Cellular Field Diamond Vision, playing "Name That Tune" with the loudspeaker music, and roaming around the stadium. I also experienced Abe's favorite Chicago-style pizza place for the first time. It's amazing to see how far I've come in my experience of Chicago. Just one year ago I took the commuter rail for the first time as I tried to look like a natural Chicagoan while walking down Michigan Avenue. Now I'm becoming more comfortable on the "L" and starting to understand places and street names. God is doing crazy things in my life!

1 Comments:
Hey Allison! Sounds like you are having such a fun time. That is awesome. Hope I get to meet Abe at some point, he sounds wonderful and just from your writing I can tell he makes you happy, which makes me happy! Anyway, just checking in. I'm still in Bburg and looks like I will be through at least May.
Post a Comment
<< Home