cheesymac

A slice of life from a lover of cheese.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Christened

So Abe and I spent Saturday looking for a hat for me to wear to the obscenely hot Cards game Sunday. All the Cards hats were $25--out of my price range for a hat that will end up covered with sweat. Amazingly enough, Abe had his Cards hat with him and said I could wear it. Now I was honored that my boyfriend would let me wear his new Cardinals hat to a game in which it would end up looking like sweaty Sidney Ponson's hat. But at the same time I wanted that hat, as described in the previous post, to be used on more occasions than as a peace offering to my extended family.

So Sunday I walked up to the new Busch Stadium, Abe's Cards hat on my head, and discovered it was US Cellular Hat Day. And the new hat even matched my khaki shorts. Amazing. So, Abe's hat has now been christened by being inside Busch Stadium, but it's still in perfect condition, ready for years of wear.