The End
I am finally finished with the "Chronicles of Narnia" by CS Lewis. The problem is that it took me approximately 9 months to complete the 7-book set. And, yes, the books are written for kids. That's embarassing.
So last November I decided that, in preparation for the upcoming "Chronicles" movie, that I should read these books. I read the prequel and the first book, which the movie was based on. I watched the movie in early December and decided to read the rest of the books.
But that didn't start until March, as I helped superanne move. I was packing her set of "Chronicles" books she got when she was a kid. She let me borrow the books, although I'm sure with the full intent I would read as fast as she does and have them back to her within a matter of days.
It's not that I didn't want to read them, it's just that, well, my life is busy at the moment, and, well, uh, fantasy isn't a genre I easily get into. I even thought about taking them on my trip to Europe, but decided that superanne would kill me if I took her beloved copies 5000 miles away.
So here it is, end of July, and I'm finally done. I have to say the books were awesome. They are a great Biblical allegory. I found them enjoyable and well written for adult standards. I highly recommend them. And yes, superanne, you'll get your copies back Monday.
So last November I decided that, in preparation for the upcoming "Chronicles" movie, that I should read these books. I read the prequel and the first book, which the movie was based on. I watched the movie in early December and decided to read the rest of the books.
But that didn't start until March, as I helped superanne move. I was packing her set of "Chronicles" books she got when she was a kid. She let me borrow the books, although I'm sure with the full intent I would read as fast as she does and have them back to her within a matter of days.
It's not that I didn't want to read them, it's just that, well, my life is busy at the moment, and, well, uh, fantasy isn't a genre I easily get into. I even thought about taking them on my trip to Europe, but decided that superanne would kill me if I took her beloved copies 5000 miles away.
So here it is, end of July, and I'm finally done. I have to say the books were awesome. They are a great Biblical allegory. I found them enjoyable and well written for adult standards. I highly recommend them. And yes, superanne, you'll get your copies back Monday.

2 Comments:
I read the 7 books over Christmas break, isn't it a good series? I loved it! Hope you're having a nice summer!
What a great site http://www.sony-japanese-pda.info/Dryers.html Celebrex com www Kingsize beds and mattresses Adult cam free in web wv Cialis forum und viagra Treating fibromyalgia with provigil Imitrex purchase Term life insurance quoteonline Clembuterol fat loss antispam programme Sauna nach Printing digital photography 20 Rosacea reduce redness Viper alarm systems www.sedotracker.com cnt.php Us self employed dental insurance chaise lounge sofa Male teacher sex cases
Post a Comment
<< Home