cheesymac

A slice of life from a lover of cheese.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Sorry Carp!

Yesterday, I went shopping with a friend and had to make a tough decision. Do I buy a t-shirt with David Eckstein's name and number on the back or the Cy Young-winning Chris Carpenter? My poor friend who's not really into baseball had to suffer through this agonizing decision. I ultimately went with Eck because Carp's shirt was grey and wouldn't have looked as "put together."

Overall, a pretty disappointing day shopping. I need a lot of clothes once I realized that most of my clothes were purchased at the end of college or beginning of career life...that means they're pretty old by now. So, thanks to a lack of appropriate, cute wear for girls my age, I will probably show up to every nice event this summer with a Cardinals shirt. At least I didn't get the dingy grey one.

The Manic Magyar word (phrase) of the week is: "Hol van a WC? (Pronounced: Hawl von o vaytsay?) It's the ever important phrase, "Where is the bathroom?" I'm hoping my family members who are traveling with me can master this phrase on their own. Otherwise, it might be awkward if I ask where the men's bathroom is.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tough decision, I think they are relatively equal baseball-wise. Carp has the Cy Young, but Eck has the edge on "over-achieving little guy" front. You of course broke the tie, not with the traditional baseball rule of "Tie goes to the runner", but instead "Tie goes to the more fashionable color". Good job Allison, every once in awhile we just have to "Girl-Up Baseball". I did this myself when I shared with a couple of my guy baseball fan co-workers the fact that the new long sleeve red shirts the Cards are sporting under there uni's in cold weather have a navy-blue-ish pattern on the sleeves that make them look very much like a Spiderman pajama top a 5-year old boy would wear. It is always fun to "Girl-Up Baseball"

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home